Monday, September 04, 2006

Did you know you can save money at Staples?

Staples allows you to return up to 3 toner cartridges and receive $ 3.00 for each one. I returned three of them and received $ 9.00. I needed 3 reams of HP paper which cost $ 5.19 each. It’s funny that HP put a coupon in the local newspaper for $ 1.00 off. I had read Office Depot had an advertisement buy 2 reams of HP paper and get the third for free, since Staples matches their competitors ads I bought 3 reams of paper for $ 15.97. After the 9.00 off and the 3 - $1.00 off coupons and then Staples matching Office Depot, I walked out the door spending only $ 1.50 for three reams of paper. "Yippeee," I said as the cashier looked in amazement

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got lucky with the Staples money. I went in with two cartridges, got $6.00 ( two $3 coupons ). They only had a combo pack of the new ink refills I needed... and they would only let me use one of my $3.00 coupons. I wasn't happy, but I still have the coupon to use.

I know you ladies are making me watch the ads more closely!
Thanks!

Beth