Monday, September 04, 2006

You gotta know the rules to win the game!


What a deal
The trip to my neighborhood Target was supposed to be an easy one, but I ran into a small road block. I won’t mention the cashiers name, but let’s put it this way, Rose thought her last name was Target. She did not know the store policy and if I wouldn’t have had a print out from Target’s corporate office, I would have paid more money than necessary, but I knew better. Rose was rude and very upset that I was saving that much money on coca cola. It’s okay though, maybe one day she will join the club.

We found a great deal on coca cola products, you probably saw it on sale for 4/$11 but not if you knew the Sisters of Savings secrets. On the soda box there was a coupon that said buy 4 and get the fifth one free and Target had a coupon for one dollar off any coca-cola product. That made the 12 pack $ 1.75 each ( one 20 ounce coke at the convenient store cost $ 1.20).
What did that mean to us, instead of 4/$11.00 we got 10/$ $12.00. It pays to know how to use coupons. Remember we can show you how.
Now I have a total of 37 cases of soft drinks which should last me through the rest of the year :)
I will have people over for Labor Day, so I will give you a soda update soon.

I love saving money, it’s a great feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't run into rude Target employees yet. But I assume I will! Mine have mostly been surprised, excited and thrilled for me (makes it so much lore enjoyable!). Must find Target Corporate policy print out just in case! LOL!

Sandy