Wednesday, August 15, 2007

9 days later, what's in a name?

It's been a long week. I have been wrestling with the internet company to get our name back. Someone had hijacked the Sisters of savings website and my first thoughts was to let it go. I immediately bought sistersofsavings. org and said we will just forward the site there however something inside of me wouldn't let this go.

SOMEONE HAD TOOK MY NAME. So what's in a name? I never really thought about it until now, but nine days later or 12,960 minutes later I knew what my name meant and there were people all around me and my Sister that reminded us of who we are.

We are the Sisters of Savings. We don't give up or mess up but we stand up for what is true and our integrity means alot. Let me thank all of the family that rallied behind us to support our fight.

As I sat in bed last night I kept wondering why would anyone want our name but when I woke up this morning the answer was really clear. Our name symbolizes savings. But not just saving money, but saving families from hunger, saving people from being lonely (there are some awesome friendship that have developed on our board and most of all saving)

I am completely exhausted, the fight has worn me out but WE WON and tomorrow I promise I will begin to blog daily about what is happening in our world and I can't wait to see what will happening next.
What does the Sisters of Savings mean to you.
Share your story using the comment section. Inquiry minds want to know.

No comments: