Thursday, August 16, 2007

My grocery savings experience - You must not know bout me

Do you think a mother of two that runs a non-profit, is the PR for her church, a wife whose husband owns his own business and who has her own radio show has time to wash dishes?

Of course not. So thankfully my sister, Lynette was kind enough to give me a heads up on the sale of my favorite invention which is PAPER PLATES. She knows I am so busythat I live and die by the good old paper products.

I dread spending 2.19 for 50 plates that will literally go into the trash. So what did I do? I went to the store and purchased 2 packages of Hefty plates for .37 cents. The cashier Jenny was a newby and she was so proud of her new position. She was every bit of 4 feet 11 and she looked at me this 5'7 savings queen and with all of her new found wisdom she proudly said : YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE COUPON PER ORDER".

Keep in mind, it was 104 degrees outside and the heat was on. I was thinking to myself Lord have mercy.... she must not know bout me. So I put my 2 packages of plates on the counter and separated my 4 orders because I knew I wasn't coming back out to the store to do this transaction again. She looked at me and said " I can't do this" I can't use more than one coupon per ORDER. I asked, why no?t... and in my mind I was thinking this is only a test.... it will be over soon and she said "In my training class they told us we can't accept more than one coupon because there are some people whose grocery bill is like $ 300 but after coupons it is $80" and I looked, smiled and responded with these words " And what is the problem with that?"

As you know, I thought she was talking about me but when she said they only spend $80 I was thinking well, that's not the Sisters of Savings because our numbers are much better than that. So I kindly asked for a manager and I told the cashier go ahead and continue to ring me up until she gets over here. Needless to say, the new cashier didn't know what she was talking about. After the manager explained the policy to her she looked so confused and I felt so sorry for her.

So the morale of the story is to keep your cool even if the temparture is 104 degrees. Smile at the cashier (even though they don't know their policies and walk away with money that you don't have to spend because you are a smart educated Sister of Savings)
Total monies Ms. Jenny wanted me to spend $ 18.97 total money I really spent spent $ 3.00( because I knew better)

My name is Cheryl Jackson and I am a Sister of Savings.

No comments: