Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My friend named Tri purchased 126 bottles of water for $5.16

Who says you can't get bottled water for almost FREE. My friend Tri who is a single parent, corporate guru and one that doesn't have time to shop or save money was at my house. I opened up a bottle of water and she liked them so she asked where did I get the water.

I told her Target and that we only paid .03 cents per bottle. She then became a believer in coupons and where or where can I get this coupon she asked. I gave Tri the information and when she saw me again she proudly talked about her shopping adventure where she bought 30 bottles of water for .90 cents.

It seems as though every day Tri was at the store, stockpiling the waters. She was so proud of herself and I was too. She donated 50 bottles of water to the youth group at our church on Saturday and all the kids consumed it like it was soda.

Now that the water is no longer on sale, the thrill is gone. What will Tri do? What will I do? The first thing I will do is hide my remaining bottles before my kids get to them. Gotta go. See you in the stores.

Did you get the water? How many bottles did you purchase? Isn't this so much fun?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cheryl and Lynette and all $i$ter$ of $aving$ members,

Happy Birthday Cheryl! Hope you have a great one.

I wanted to let everyone know about something my bible study class at church is doing and how coupons are helping me to contribute. We are collecting items for care packages for the troops. We have several small groups and each of us are assigned one month to collect items and send the package and this month is my groups month. A lot of people have contributed a lot of stuff. Here is some of mine, all purchased with coupons and overages from coupons. A lot of sanitary items, comfort items and some items to pass out to children in Afghanistan and Iraq.

20 packages of hard candy
20 packages of writing pens
182 packs of gum
24 packs of skittles
6 packs of trail mix
4 medium size cans of coffee
3 boxes of single serving coffees
6 boxes of crystal lite to go
2 cans of cheese spread
3 coffee creamers
13 boxes of wet ones singles
36 travel size shampoo, lotion, hand sanitizer & body wash
6 full size lotions
6 chap stick
7 dental floss
1 box of eye lubricant
12 trial size sunscreen
1 full size spray on Coppertone
8 boxes saltine crackers
8 boxes ritz crackers
4 boxes wheat thins
13 boxes crunch n munch
6 boxes cheeze its
17 bags of chex mix
2 pair of childrens shoes

This is is what I contributed, and the month is not over yet so I will add some things the rest of this week and mail it on Friday. And there is a lot more from other people. We will have about 8 or 9 boxes to send to them. And thanks to Rebecca, another sister, I found out that the post office will provide for free the shipping materials to mail stuff to the troops. I probably am out of pocket about $30 for all of these items. When I heard that this mission was going to begin I knew that I could contribute in a big way because I know how to be a smart shopper thanks to Cheryl and Lynette.

Thanks,
Diann

Unknown said...

Wow Diann that is truly awesome! I am just a phone call away to donate if u ever need my help!