Monday, June 02, 2008

What's love got to do with it?

When we started teaching our workshops people told us that there was no way this would work because there was no way they could take the time to cut, sort and use coupons. Quite frankly, I never thought I would be doing it either. My sister LOVES using coupons, I love to shop.

Now I have to ask myself whats love got to do with this. Whether you like it or not you gotta LOVE saving the money. In this economy we are becoming forced to find ways to help stretch our dollars and coupons are the best place to start.

I love it!

Yesterday I went to Tom Thumb I purchased 10 cases of bottled Ozara water reg 599 on sale for 3.99 and one Powerade drink. My total was $40.98 cents I rcv;d 2 movie tickets for FREE a $24.00 value and since my FREE popcorn catalina didn't print the manager gave me TWO more movie tickets which totaled $48.00 in FREE movies so I came out ahead $7.02.

Looks like my family of four has a movie night coming up ON ME!
My name is Cheryl Jackson and I am a Sister of Savings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 tickets for $24.00???? Where do you go to the movies? Price of a ticket is $8 to $9.

Anonymous said...

$24 dollars for two tickets??? Where do you go to the movies? Ticket prices are $8 - $9.

Cheryl "Action" Jackson said...

Normally the price of my movie ticket is 9.00 but the coupons are good for a ticket up to 12.00.
I haven't been to a 12.00 movie yet, but with the rising prices, we never know.

Would you go to the movies if the price went to 12.00?

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time ordering movies on my time warner cable but for $3.99 for 5 or more people THATS A DEAL! Plus you are at home with access to your kitchen so you can save on snacks and stuff. You know how kids are with the popcorn, candy and soda.