Sunday, March 25, 2007

What can you buy for .89 cents?

What can you buy for .89? Today at 7:44pm I had to go to Kroger because I had coupons that would expire. So I went in with my beautiful binder that I'm thinking about putting insurance on and I was ready for the challenge. Armed with my coupons in hand this is what I purchased 5 Pillsbury rolls 2 rolls grands biscuits 3 pillbury cookies ( by the way the coupon works on the chocolate chip cookies too) 11 packages of gum 3 Hungry man dinners Coupon savings 44.58 Total bill .89 Total percentage saved 98% The funny part was that as I began to pay the cashier Kelly said "this is unbelievable" could you do that again? I said I certainly hope so. "Everyone around me began to smile and I bounced out of the store with a HUGE grin. Then I noticed, I HAD ONE COUPON FOR THE GUM!!!!! IN my pocket. I was devastated. I said I must go back since I had more coupons and do this again because the coupon for the gum was valued at 1.00 which means that transaction would have been FREE! Also I received a catalina coupon for 5.00 off my next purchase which really makes that a FREE transaction. So I loaded my groceries in the car and walked back in the store..... To be continued...

No comments: